From basically not having any experience with video at all, to producing one video a day – in addition to the usual workload. That's how Storykit has changed the workday for Eva Dahlberg, digital communicator at Almi.
– I think that all companies should use Storykit. It's so easy and fun to work in, she says.
It's important for Almi to have an active presence in social channels.
– We certainly want to reach the right people with the right message, and we want people to notice us. Video is a great format when you need to explain complex matters. If you only have 40 seconds you need to make an effort, says Eva Dahlberg, digital communicator at Almi.
Agencies are cumbersome and expensive
Previously, Almi used external agencies for a large part of their video production.
– Even though we hired agencies that were super talented, it was both cumbersome and expensive. We constantly had to decide whether making a video was "worth it" or not.
Producing videos in-house with traditional video editing software was never an option for Eva and her colleagues.
– Software like Premier Pro is simply much too complex. I tried iMovie, and although you can use it for a lot of things, it was still sort of limiting. And you had to create the video from scratch. It's not easy to find the time for that.
Makes one video daily
When they came across Storykit, they immediately saw the opportunity to increase the production speed significantly.
– We liked Storykit immediately and received a great introduction to the tool. Emma, who did our onboarding, encouraged us to just go for it and create videos about everything. We have a lot of really good content, so it was easy to get started after the onboarding. Today, I make one video daily, and it's safe to say that it's not my only responsibility at work.
Do you notice any difference?
– Yes, absolutely. We see an obvious trend when we look at our reports, especially on Facebook. Our video posts drive much more engagement than the other posts.
Eva and her colleagues are now teaching the tool to other people and divisions within the Almi Group.
– So many people have asked us about the tool, but we wanted to try it out first. Now when we know how great it is, we are including more and more people. We are also planning to use templates across different departments.
– We want to start creating content with a local perspective, for example. If we send out a press release it should be easy to change the photo to a local representative.
Since you went from basically not creating any video at all to making 1-2 videos daily, do you have any tips for our readers?
– The most important thing is to just go for it! What's the worst thing that can happen? So, just do it! If you have a text, make a video and see how it goes. That's how you learn what works.
– I really think that all companies should use Storykit simply because it's so easy and fun to work with.
But how do you find your stories?
– Everywhere. There are stories everywhere. But if you get stuck, you can start with your customers. Their stories are always valuable.
5 stories Almi communicates with video:
To market services
Attract people to events